Saturday, July 14, 2012

~~~ The Kohl Effect ~~~

Jasbir and Shruti have been living happily ever since he proposed to her.. sometimes it's better to live in fiction than being in real..

I felt that there is no point in stretching stories.. characters are unreal.. story is all made up.. and sadness acts as a gravity which makes people fall for the things going around.


Its around 4:10 in the morning and I sit in my balcony with a glass of orange juice.. I feel the cool breeze flowing through my face.. yes it rained few hours back.. and the moon has spread its magic.. The “Royal Enfield” on my bullet is shining bright and blue.. and the leaves of the deodar trees in my house, give me a disturbed glimpse of big bright moon.

I might pick up my painting brush soon.. as I am not feeling sleepy at all.. its not that I haven’t tried.. but wasn’t successful in my tries.. I rolled on my bed for like thousand times.. almost woke up my brother sleeping next to me.. then went to the kitchen to prepare some tea.. this disturbed my mom.. so I switched off the light there and opened fridge for some juice.. and again .. it became the reason for waking up my Grand mother.. Anyhow.. she wanted to see the live prayers from the Golden Temple.. I could not bear these telecasts.. so I took this laptop and came out in verandah..

Its so peaceful here.. wi-fi is working fine… headphones sound best.. and heart beats fast..!

No.. I am not going into past now.. enough of it.. but I cant help but realize that present is no different from past.. I still don’t have anyone to talk to… someone whose messages I could check every morning I get up.. someone.. whom I could message with “<3” and “:-*” before sleeping .. someone who don’t screams at me.. speaks softly.. holds my hands when we meet.. and look deep into my eyes when we talk with her kohl laden eyes.. deep as abyss.. it always has been this way only… either losing someone.. or missing someone..

Ok.. lately.. I have been thinking of someone.. she has pretty good eyes.. great smile.. good brains and rest is best. But it has always been a war within me when it comes to confess what I feel.. well we met in a very strange way.. I was in a food court having something.. (must be KFC).. and then was thinking to have some more.. so I went back and stood in the queue.. this girl.. she was on the other side… not to mention I was staring at her.. she was dusky.. “:-D”

She looked at me and gave me a confused look.. but hardly she realized that I was more confused than her. She took her order and left.. I also picked my burger and came back to my seat.. there I saw her again.. I think she was with her friends.. and then I turned my chair.. my back facing her.. and I turned my head and tried to look at her from the corner of my eyes.. did that 30-40 times .. and after few minutes when I tried to look at her again.. I found she already left.. I was so chocked that I never realized that I dropped my burger too.. sprang out of the seat and literally started running in the food court.. couldn’t find her.. went to the washroom.. stood there for some 5 minutes.. but could not see her.. and then I saw her going down from the escalators..

I took the stairs.. and caught her in front of my eyes again.. she went to the parking.. I think to see off her friend.. and then she turned back… and screamed.. “Hey you..” .. I ignored her.. she yelled again.. “hey you.. black turban”… I had no choice.. I stopped walking.. turned back and looked at her.. and she said.. “I have been watching your drama since 2 hours..” I said.. “I..I… I… IIIII.. II..I… ahemm… I was just …”.. she said.. “Shut Up..!” “Right now I am in a hurry.. I need to go home.. lets meet tomorrow.. at McD.”..

I looked at her.. dumb .. numb.. she then crossed me.. tapped at my shoulder and left with a smile.. I turned at her slowly.. she looked back at me.. she had deep brown eyes.. pitched rightly between a field oh kohl.. a pretty smile and a heavenly way of waving her hands.. I don’t think I was breathing.. or living.. or whatever…

………………………. Oh.. it seems my Dadaji is up.. he just came to me and asked if I will have tea.. hmmmmmmm… its sunrise again…. I need to get ready.. I need to go and meet that girl today at McD.. I will ask her name.. what she does.. what is her favourite colour.. her hobbies.. her interests.. likes .. dislikes.. and tell her.. “I love you”.. I hope she does not laugh it off..

Painting I will do.. soon..

4 comments:

anuja said...

I loved this one !!!!

Jasmit Singh Arora said...

Thank you..!! :)

Tasmeet Singh said...

Nice work yaar !!

Jasmit Singh Arora said...

thank you sirjee..! :)